[DEBUG-WINDOW 처리영역 보기]
즐겨찾기  |  뉴스레터  |  오늘의 정보  |  e브릭몰e브릭몰 회원가입   로그인
BRIC홈 한국을 빛내는 사람들
라이카써머캠프
스폰서배너광고 안내  배너1 배너2 배너3 배너4
과학으로 본 코로나19 (COVID-19)
전체보기 한빛사논문 추천논문 인터뷰 그이후 한빛사통계
남진우
남진우 (Jin-Wu Nam) 저자 이메일 보기
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
저자CV 보기
182 KB
 
조회 3256  인쇄하기 주소복사 트위터 공유 페이스북 공유 
Long non-coding RNAs in C. elegans
열기 Authors and Affiliations

Abstract

Jin-Wu Nam1,2,3 and David Bartel1,2,3,*

1
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
2Howard Hughes Medical Institute
3Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA

* Corresponding author : David Bartel

Abstract
Thousands of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) have been found in vertebrate animals, a few of which have known biological roles. To better understand the genomics and features of lncRNAs in invertebrates, we used available RNA-seq, poly(A)-site, and ribosome-mapping data to identify lncRNAs of C. elegans. We found hundreds of long intervening ncRNAs (lincRNAs), which had single- or multi-exonic structures that did not overlap protein-coding transcripts, and about seventy antisense lncRNAs (ancRNAs), which were complementary to protein-coding transcripts. Compared to protein-coding genes, the lncRNA genes tended to be expressed in stage-dependent manner. Approximately 30% of the newly identified lincRNAs showed little signal for sequence conservation and mapped antisense to clusters of 22G or 26G endogenous siRNAs, as would be expected if they serve as templates and targets for these siRNAs. The other 70% tended to be more conserved and included lincRNAs with intriguing expression and sequence features associating them with processes such as dauer formation, male identity, sperm formation, and interaction with sperm-specific mRNAs. Our study provides a glimpse into the lncRNA content of a non-vertebrate animal and a resource for future studies of lncRNA function.

논문정보
- 형식: Research article
- 게재일: 2012년 06월 (BRIC 등록일 2019-04-11)
- 연구진: 국외연구진
- 분야: Genomics, Bioinformatics
- 피인용횟수: 120회 이상 인용된 논문
광유전학의 과거, 현재와 미래[Neuron]
김윤석
발표: 김윤석 (Stanford University)
일자: 2020년 7월 30일 (목) 오후 02시 (한국시간)
언어: 한국어
참석자 접수신청하기

  댓글 0
등록
 
목록
(주)비아이코퍼레이션
관련링크
남진우 님 전체논문보기 >
관련인물
관련분야 논문보기
Genomics

Bioinformatics

외부링크
Google (by Jin-Wu Nam)
Pubmed (by Jin-Wu Nam)
제품평가
[비아이코퍼레이션]
e브릭몰(연구용 제품 온라인 구매 사이트)
제품이미지
모집인원: 50명
모집기간: ~7/15
신청조건: BRIC 회원
평가자 혜택

- 참가자 전원 3만원 상품권 제공

제품평가자 모집중
위로가기
한빛사 홈  |  한빛사FAQ  |  한빛사 문의 및 제안
 |  BRIC소개  |  이용안내  |  이용약관  |  개인정보처리방침  |  이메일무단수집거부
Copyright © BRIC. All rights reserved.  |  문의 member@ibric.org
트위터 트위터    페이스북 페이스북   유튜브 유튜브    RSS서비스 RSS
머크